Has your teen been pushing you away? Do you feel that you no longer know your child? Is your adolescent spending excessive time on social media? Are you worried that your child is getting involved with risky behavior?
Today, teenagers are under considerable pressure from school, parents, family, and friends. Stress can weigh heavily on teenagers and adolescents, exacerbating underlying issues of low self-esteem, depression, or anxiety. Children of expats face a unique set of emotional challenges and stressors. A teenager who is struggling may express himself by acting disobedient or aggressive, arguing with parents, or engaging in destructive behavior. As a parent, you may worry about how your child is coping if they refuse to open up to you or reach out for help. If your teenager is out of control, therapy for teens and adolescents can help.
How can I help my teenager regain a normal life?
Establishing a structure or routine in your adolescent’s life with a therapist can help restore the child you used to know. Counseling can help your child recover from alcohol and substance abuse, bullying, and social anxiety, allowing your child to find self-worth and reintegrate into your family. If you feel run down, hopeless, or threatened by your teen’s behavior, therapy can help your child thrive and have a more functional family.
Being attentive to your teen’s individual signals can alert you when it is time to seek help. In therapy, we create a safe space for your child to express himself while challenging him to grow.
Working with parents to help their teenagers
At Blue Sky Therapeutic Services, we help parents to better relate to their adolescents. If your teenager is struggling, we can help you develop strategies to intervene and help your child heal.
Whether you’re married, a step-parent, single parent, or foster parent, our sessions will provide you with parenting advice, tips, support, and practical strategies for improving your overall parenting skills specific to teenagers.
Through our sessions, you can:
- Improve your relationship with your adolescent.
- Increase effective communication.
- Learn how to resolve problem behaviors your teen is displaying.
- Gain confidence in yourself as a parent.
- Better understand your teenager’s internal world, making you more able to respond to issues that arise.
- Gain a better understanding of current trends in teen social media use and what your kid is really doing online
- Develop skills to encourage responsibility in your child.
- Develop a realistic plan for teens struggling with “failure to launch” syndrome, and help them to create concrete goals for their future.
- Help you create a more peaceful home.
Get help: therapy for teens
If your teenager is aggressive, truant, or out of control, we can help. Just fill out the contact form and click Send.Please share this post!